Wills & Estates
Mental Health Orders
Weapons Carry License
|Laurens County Probate
Marriage Licenses are issued Monday- Friday from 8:30am until 4:30pm.
If the couple has completed a qualifying premarital education program, the marriage license fee is $36. Without certification of a premarital education program, the marriage license fee is $76. Probate Court accepts cash, credit or debit (Visa or MasterCard; fees apply), and money orders.
PREMARITAL FORM COUNSELING
Please be advised that we no longer preform marriage ceremonies. Therefore, the license is only valid for 30 days after application and is only valid to be used for marriage ceremonies that are performed in the state Georgia.
Effective July 1, 2003, blood tests are no longer required for marriage license.
Both applicants must know their social security number, parents' full names/ maiden name and parents’ birthplaces.
- Applicants must apply together in person.
- Each applicant must provide one (1) of the following forms of photo ID in order to obtain a marriage license:
- Georgia issued Driver's license
- Georgia issued Identification Card
- Armed Forces Identification Card
- U.S. Passport
- Driver's License issued by another state within the U.S.
- At least one applicant must be a Georgia resident.
- If neither applicant is a resident of Georgia, the marriage license must be obtained in the county in which the marriage ceremony will be performed.
- Applicant must be 18 years old or have parental consent if 16-17. No marriage license will be issued for anyone under 16. Please contact the court for further instructions if under 18.
- If either of the applicants has been previously married and divorced, a copy of the final divorce decree must be provided upon application.