Chief Magistrate Colby M. Crabb
Magistrate Gerald R. Frazier
Magistrate Jeffery Cain
The Magistrate Court has general civil jurisdiction over civil cases of up to $15,000, these cases may include personal injury cases, contract disputes, construction cases and other cases of a general nature. The Court also handles garnishments, dispossession actions, and writs of possession.
The Magistrate Court also has criminal jurisdiction over various State Law violations, such as:
- Criminal Trespass
- Deposit Account Fraud Cases
- Possession of Marijuana
- Theft by Shoplifting
- Underage Drinking
- Various Ordinance Violations
Warrants for Violations
The Court issues warrants for violations of the criminal laws of the State, sets bonds on these offenses and conducts preliminary hearings as a Court of Inquiry.
The Magistrate Court conducts hearings in the following cases:
- Arraignments in misdemeanor bad check cases, state law violations, and county ordinance violations.
- Civil claims, garnishments, contract disputes, and other cases up to $15,000:
- Criminal motions.
- Dispossessory/eviction hearings
- First appearance hearings/bond hearings each day at the LEC Courtroom.
- Pre-warrant application hearings