Absentee Ballot Packet Instructions & Returns
Absentee Ballot Packet
The Voter will receive with the Absentee Ballot
- Inner White Envelope
- Return envelope
- The voter will complete their ballot.
- The voter should insert their ballot in the inner white envelope.
- The voter will place the inner white envelope with the ballot in the return envelope.
- The ballot will not be rejected, if the voter did not use the inner white envelope.
- Complete the oath on the return envelope and place it in the mail to the County Registrar’s office.
The absentee ballot drop box SHALL be established inside the office of the Board of Registrars. These drop boxes SHALL be open only during the hours of Advance Voting at this location 117 E. Jackson St., Ste. A, Dublin, GA. 31021. There will be no drop box located outside of this office of any other location inside the county. This drop box is intended for absentee ballots only. All applications for absentee ballots must be submitted to and received by an absentee ballot clerk in the Registrars' office.
Only the following individual may possess or deliver an absentee ballot on behalf of a voter:
- The Voter him or herself;
- Voter’s mother, father, grandparent, aunt, uncle, brother, sister, spouse, son, daughter, niece, nephew, grandchild, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law, or sister-in-law;
- Individual residing in the same household as the voter; or
- Caretaker of the voter with disabilities. O.C.G.A. § 21-2-385(a)
Unauthorized possession of an absentee ballot violates Georgia law and is punishable by a fine up to $10,000, a term of imprisonment up to 10 years, or both. O.C.G.A. § 21-2-574
Willfully destroying, defacing or delaying the delivery of any ballot violates Georgia law and is punishable by a fine of up to $1,000, a term of imprisonment up to 1 year, or both. O.C.G.A. § 21-2-576